Continuing the discussion/debate....here's a list of the most deserving actors who have been sidelined in many ways...
Kamal Hassan - If you're an avid Indian film-goer you must be thinking..."y the hell does she think that kamal is underrated?" Answer is,"Yes he's underrated or rather overshadowed in many ways" Kamal is an actor who taught me the way to admire cinema and acting.I grew up watching him and love him.Being a crazy devoted fan,and also being neutral,nobody can disagree with what I say.I always think Indian audience do not value him the way they should.I personally consider him on par with Ben Kingsley and Al Pacino who deserves more international exposure.Nobody can challenge or even come anywhere near his versatility.Like for example,be it playing the role of mentally retarded,or playing 65 at the age of 25,or a psycho villain,or an NRI,or a midget,or a cook,or a "lady",or a stuntman....OMG...this man is an epitome of talent.He has so many feathers to his cap,Like...Assistant director,choreographer,singer,producer,director...WOW!!!
Moving on...
Mohanlal - When anybody thinks of the Malayalam film industry,they talk more about Mamootty.But Mohanlal has so much charm and is a natural performer.This chubby hero has done a variety of roles and is worthy of National fame.
Prithviraj - Admit it or not....he's one of the best looking actors in the country.This mallu boy has achieved a lot in a short span of his career.But somewhere down the lane,his talent went unnoticed.
Rahul Bose - Interestingly,I havent seen much of his movies,except MR&MRS IYER.(thanks to my husband for making me see the film).This one movie spoke so much about his talent.Such a natural performer who handled the complex role of a muslim falling in love with a traditional married iyer woman.His eyes are his greatest asset,speaks a lot while emoting.Wish he could be given more opportunities in many languages.
Ok...let's finish the discussion with the leading ladies...
Konkona Sen - My most favourite actress and a natural performer.She's a firework of talent.She's not been given enough chances just because she doesnt dance around the trees wearing skimpy outfits...very unfortunate!!!
Nandita Das - Wonder what these bengali girls do to be such talented actors??? Nandita is a beautifully talented actress,who has never got the right kind of recognition.She's been sidelined in many ways.When I think of the kind of roles she does,especially her tamil films (azhagi and kannathil muthamittal),it's a shame that she's not even been considered.
Rani Mukherjee - I hated her in the early stage of her career,until recently when I saw HUMTUM,Saawariya and so many of her excellent performances.Sadly,I missed out on BLACK.But will try to catch up.Rani has been the center of media attacking ever since her friendship with Ash soured.It's sad that she's been criticised a lot on the account of her personal life.
Sneha - No no...I dont like her smile.But she's a good and natural actress.Am neither her crazy fan nor her critic,but,I know for a fact that she has never been recognized enough for her talent.She has done some great roles in Achamundu achamundu,pirivom sandhipom,parthiban kanavu etc etc...but she's never been in the "hot list" of preferred actresses...not even once.She also knows the language.Ohhhh....tatz not a requirement!!!
Priyamani - Extremely underrated and labelled a lot by the filmy clan.Very natural performer and great in emoting....but dons the glamorous image that doesnt suit her at all.Also "unfortunate" in not having a "crystal clear,snow white" skin!!!(pun intended,again...)
You guys can share your opinions,there was nothing personal on these blogs,just my thoughts....Am not sure whether you had fun reading,but,I had a lot of fun thinking and putting down my thoughts....that's the best thing about blogging.
You shud include Ajay Devgn also! try seeing his movies..
ReplyDeleteHey I have seen Ajay's movies and he's a great actor,but i dont think he comes under this list coz he gets all the due attention :-p
ReplyDelete