Thursday, September 23, 2010

Miles to go....

For a moment,this looks like the title of one of my favourite sitcom's episode,in which,one of the characters does adventurous stuff out of his way....I relate a lot with him coz I crave  for adventure too,but in my own way.Like,be it watching horror movies,reading thriller books,walking in a totally desolated place like an explorer...or trying different kinds of food.All these may not sound like hardcore adventures,but they certainly give the thrills.One of the things I love to do is explore places...be it a park,an unknown route or a street.I've become more observant to intricate details lately and that adds to the excitement of exploration.
And after turning out to be an ardent follower of the TRAVEL channel here,I've made up a list of my hot favourite places to visit before the end of my lifetime....Here they are :

1. India  - yeah....my own country which I never got to explore....i mean the North-East,West and Middle parts have been untouched.I wud also love to explore places in my own Kongu Nadu.Lot of history and literary excellence has happened there.

2.Italy - I always feel Italians and Indians are interconnected.Both are traditionally rooted,have a great deal of family heritage and are big foodies.And I got to see a virtual tour of Rome in the film EAT PRAY LOVE.Julia Roberts was happily roaming around the city eating pasta,pizza and putting on hell a lot of weight!!!

3.Paris,Cannes - The first one mainly to see the Eiffel Tower and the latter one must be visited when Aishwarya Rai gets there for the film festival.I've heard and read stories about her fan following in the place.Wanna check out and pull up my sleeves ;-)

4.African Safari - One stop destination for wildlife,I must say.When I saw a show on travel channel about one of the safaris,I was spellbound....actually went almost speechless when I was googling about the cost of a safari....which you dont wanna know!!!

5.Cambodia - This place is connected to the roots of my birthplace,coz,many of our ancient kings have explored South East Asia."Prasat Angor Wat" is the historical 12th century temple located here and my explorer mind loves to visit the sanctrum sanitorium.

As I was typing,I was literally dreaming of visiting these places...dreams are what we are made of,we fantasize about them....In rustic reality,after toiling in the work for so many years,after fulfilling our responsibilities,after striving so hard to save that extra money,after yearning for retirement.....And once we get it,we like to lay back and sleep on the couch kissing good-bye to the explorer in us...!!! 

I would like to fantasize,dream,live reality...but not forget the explorer in me...

2 comments:

  1. I agree..with u!! save extra money and explore.. am doing tat a lot now.. but now I feel.. Its India I need to explore.. thr is so much more.. that we dont know!! If u really have time.. read my blog.. about each place. may be u can visualise. tats way my other frds tell me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure...i will...love to learn about new places...

    ReplyDelete